I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Over the past week...

Kayden didn't get his heart cath done on Tuesday November 9. He was fine Monday, he woke up on Tuesday with his ear draining, weezing, coughing(still), and he spit up a bunch of mucus from the coughing. We took him to the hospital like we were suppose to. The doctors all took a look at him and wanted the anesthesiologist to check him out. So once he did, he felt it wasn't safe to go ahead with the procedure because with his chest not being clear enough it would just get worse afterwards. So he suggested to take him to his pediatrician when we got home. I did just that, by the time we got to the pediatrician his temp was 103, so his doctor felt it'd be best to put him in the hospital with all the risk factors involved. We finally came home yesterday November 13. He's doing better, except they put an N G tube in and he's got it for a little bit until he gets his appetite back I guess. We aren't sure how long he'll have it for..His cardiologist also increased his Lasix dose from 1.5 ml's twice a day to 2.5 ml's twice a day to help with the fluid overload. It's helped so far, his face isn't nearly as swollen as it would be some mornings, and his legs were getting a little puffy and they've went down. So the plan is now for the heart cath to be done on November 23, right before Thanksgiving, but he has to see his cardiologist on November 22 to be sure his chest is clear and he's okay for the procedure..After this we should know what they want to do about him heart. Please continue to keep Kayden in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment