I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Sunday night with me...

Tonight was finally the season premiere of one of my favorite shows EVER ARMY WIVES! I couldn't wait until it came back especially since I thought last season was it, but then they said at the end of the last episode they'd be back in 2012! I was super excited! Well, it's kinda sad though because Kayden use to watch it with me if he was up sick, or wasn't in bed yet. Last season my big man was still with me and last March we were in Boston watching it ♥ I miss him so much, I don't want to give it away from people who haven't got to see it tonight, but it made me want to cry so much because I could relate to a lot.
I wonder what Kayden would look like today, what would he have been like as a 10 year old kid, how would he have been with Isaiah or Tavion now? What career would he have chosen as an adult? Watch him get married, have his own family. I have lost it all. I don't have that future anymore. Him being a toddler is all and I have to accept that as being enough as hard as it is. 

Anyways enough sad stuff..I love Pinterest lol I love getting recipes mostly and the crafts! Well tonight's dinner was a pinterest inspired dinner! We have a baked potato casserole, corn casserole, lima beans (because Lexi hates corn), and an ice cream sandwich cake! It was freaking amazing! I suggest you guys try them!! I'll be sure to include the links for the recipes ♥ 
The Ice Cream Sandwich is super easy and I don't have a link for the recipe but it's this:
12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
2 Containers of Cool Whip
Mini Chocolate Chips

1. Layer the dish with 6 ice cream sandwiches.
2. Add layer of cool whip, use 1 whole container.
3. Add 6 more ice cream sandwiches.
4. Add another layer of cool whip, use the last whole container.
5. Add mini chocolate chips. And put in the freezer until it's ready to eat!

This is for a 2 layer cake, you can do a single layer and use 6 sandwiches and 1 container of cool whip.

Here are the pictures of my wonderful dinner =]


Baked Potato Casserole
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/143635/Baked-Potato-Casserole/detail.aspx

Corn Casserole
http://smokymountaincafe.blogspot.com/2011/08/corn-corn-and-more-corn-casserole.html

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment