I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Sunday, February 26, 2012

People who don't have kids should...

I just have to vent over this for a minute.

If you know me then you know I've had 4 kids. You know I had a hard time losing weight after Alexis and stayed in the 130s-140s after her. You know after Kayden it was easy to lose weight getting myself down to like 120-125...After Tavion it was impossible and after Isaiah I've had a hard time, from being in and out of hospitals with Kayden, stressed, etc. So after watching some videos and reading, I get sick of seeing people who don't have kids say we use our kids as excuses about weight loss, saying we have kids so we're too busy. I admit some people will use that. BUT what about people who really have no one to watch their kids, can't afford to pay for a gym membership, can't get away from doctors or hospitals because they have a special needs child, or how about the ones who flat out can't afford the fancy healthier food?! If you don't have kids you have no clue what it's like trying to lose weight after having a child. You should not judge and say we use them as an excuse. Instead of telling them it's an excuse give them a bit of different advice. Find them alternatives if they can't afford the gym, or can't afford your diet foods, or your healthier options. Or afford daycare, we aren't all fortunate enough to have a mom, dad, brother, or sister to watch our kids and sadly a lot of our friends have nothing to do with us because they think it's a disease to have a baby so we're no longer fun anymore.

I for one have decided this, I love food too much lol it's true, always have always will. Before I had kids I could eat anything and never gain a pound or show it. And even now I can eat what I want and I still don't gain weight and it doesn't show, my weight is still from after I had Isaiah, Tavion, Kayden & Alexis. I weigh myself at least once a week sometimes more out of curiosity because I'm trying to lose it in my own ways. I've been managing my portions, drinking nothing but water, I did drink a juice one day because I LOVE cran grape juice lmao, and I've been doing some home work outs that I've found online through youtube or just googling. I'm losing slowly but that's all that matters! I'm trying to get my muscles tightened back up in my tummy, because after having a baby those muscles get lose and flabby lol google it it's true, or you already know from experience. I've lose about 3 lbs in a month and most of it came off in the last few weeks when I've actually became serious about giving up soda. Over the last few days I have been eating smaller meals 5 a day and sometimes because I am so busy during the day it's not even a meal it's a grab and go snack or like a granola bar or something haha! I'm going to prove all these psycho's wrong that you don't need a gym to lose weight, you don't have to buy expensive diet foods to lose weight. You can do it at your own pace and in your own way. But you do have to commit to it, especially doing like I'm doing, it'll definitely take longer but you don't have to give up food. Yep I still eat ice cream, I really don't eat sweets anyways but I've went to a couple birthday parties and Alexis' so I've had a piece of cake, so don't give up stuff just don't eat a huge piece like you use to. I still don't think I've ate more than I ever have. I eat about the same, I've just got to get rid of the baby weight I never got off before. It's hard when you're stressed because stress can keep weight on you. I've been trying to keep myself more relaxed and not stress over a lot. But it's still hard because of Kayden, I stay paranoid about my other kids and it's still hard without my baby. My rant is done. But I hope these people who don't have kids will stop judging us and saying we use them as an excuse, you don't know what it's like so chill the eff out. Oh and if you have 1 kid you don't know what it's like having 3 or 4 kids so you probably shouldn't judge the ones who have more. Having one kid that doesn't have any special needs is a piece of cake, unless you have no baby sitter, etc. If you've got 1 kid you can put them in a stroller and go for a walk. So this is mainly for my fellow mommys who have 2 or more kids, and have a harder time.

No comments:

Post a Comment