I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Faces of CHD: Carly Sue

Carly Sue HRHS transplant at 5 months old. Found out about her Chd at 18 hours old. At first Dr's thought she could get the 3 surges at week old we found out carlys coronary arteries pumped backwards in to her right chamber. The first surgery was out because that would put to much pressure on her heart. Transplant was only option. At around we 20 days old Carly was listed 1-a. At 3 months old Carly had a cath to check if she could the glenn she coded .Carly heart was not strong enough for the cath so no glenn. At 5 month old 11/05/11 Carly got her transplant. Heart wise Carly is doing great. We have had quite a few stays in the hospital due to her weakened immune system. Longest being 6 weeks due to pneumonia the shortest 2 days for a virus. Carly is now a happy 3 year




No comments:

Post a Comment