I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Monday, May 5, 2014

My name is Misty...and I have a Mother Heart.

I'm a day late posting this but late is better than never...Yesterday Sunday, May 4, 2014 was International Bereaved Mother's Day. Honoring those Mother's who have suffered miscarriage, stillbirth, infant and child loss. This year we speak out and tell about our Mother heart..What is in my mother heart, you ask? Keep reading and you will get a glimpse of what's there...


My name is Misty, and I have a Mother Heart! My Mother Heart feels, happiness, grief, love, sadness, hope, brokeness, strength, courage, and faith. You didn't know a heart could hold all of those at once? I don't live in my grief and sadness, though it's there. I live day by day, some are happy some are sad and dark, and on those sad and dark days I grab a hold of the faith and the hope to keep going. I am a Mother of 5 (almost 6), though I have 3 here with me and one on the way. I had a miscarriage in 2005 and I also lost my 3 1/2 year old son in 2011. This Mother heart of mine has seen some awful times and hard days, but with those days have came brighter days of remember and honoring my Angels. Kayden my 3 year old was unexpected at the time of his passing, he was waiting on a heart transplant, he was doing good and all of a sudden he's crashing. Kayden inspired me to help other families who are going through what we did in his short life and be there for the families who have lost their babies or children from a heart condition or any thing. I can't say every day is an easy day because that's a lie, but I've chosen LOVE, I've chose to inspire mother's and families all around the world...it doesn't matter how hard your specific journey gets or how dark your day seems, there is STILL HOPE!!! Kayden became an Angel July 14, 2011, ever since then we have done donations to the hospital he was at when we lost him for his birthday which is December 21, and we've also done food bags for families in the PICU of the hospital. We are now in the process of getting a toy box and donating it in his memory and filling it up monthly or every couple months. I'm always looking for new ways to help these families out. It's a tough journey when you have a child sick, but you ARE NOT ALONE!! When you lose your child, you ARE NOT ALONE! You are never alone. So many people get lost in their grief and they lose their self and their sight of everything. Friends don't know what to say so they disappear, little do they know disappearing only makes it worse and makes you feel alone. Reach out to someone, it takes strength to do that, but we all need it and we need to know we are not alone on this road ♥ My heart is broken, it shattered the day I lost my son, it's being pieced back together a little at a time. Each of those pieces make up my Mother Heart. This journey isn't near being over, but I will take each day one at a time until I find my place in the world and until I inspire people all around the world by telling my story ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment