I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Feel Beyond Blessed..

Well, here it is December 21, 2010. 3 years ago today my family & I welcomed one of the most precious baby boys ever into this world. I knew from the moment I had him my life would never be the same. Although I didn't realize what was ahead of us I knew it wouldn't be an easy road. Kayden was born at 1:24 a.m. that Friday morning & I knew about his cleft & heart. I didn't know what to expect when I seen him, I've always said that you can try to mentally prepare yourself for things but something like that their is no way to emotionally prepare yourself for it. But as soon as i laid eyes on him I was in love, I looked passed it all and I saw my beautiful baby. Although he was on oxygen for a few days & was in the NICU 2 weeks, Christmas Eve 2007 was one of the most greatest days, it was when I finally got to hold him for the first time. Christmas was hard that year since he wasn't home but we all made it work to where we all got to see him & the girls and they all had a wonderful Christmas. Welcoming Kayden into this world was the best Christmas present I could ever ask for. No matter what the next year has in store for my son, I will walk beside him and hold his hand every step of the way, & that's not just for the next year but for always. He's my little miracle and I feel more than blessed to have him in my life..
Baby Kayden, the first night he was home(2 weeks old)
Kayden now =] 3 years old
On another note, we welcomed our newest little one Isaiah James into the world on December 16, 2010. He weighed 7 lbs 11.2 oz and was 20 1/2 inches. He was born at 3:02 a.m...So not only does my family have 1 Christmas baby now we have 2 Christmas babies & we couldn't be more happier! Kayden loves him, he has to hold him everyday, he is very protective over him, I love it. He's such a good big brother, except to Tavion most days lol!! The kids are great with him though, even Tavion is good with him which surprises me since he is only 19 months..
With only 4 days left until Christmas I think we have finally got all of the shopping done, just not the wrapping lol!! Alexis & Lyndsee are counting the days until Santa comes. They are so excited. So far Alexis will be getting a purple Hello Kitty bike from Santa, we also got her a RV barbie thing thats huge & comes with 3 barbies, and alot of other things...Those I just know she'll love. Kayden is getting a HUUUGE firetruck lol it's probably bigger than him, he's getting lots of stuff for his cars, & obviously more cars hah!! Tavion will be getting a little turtle thing that helps him learn I believe & it bounces so he'll be in love!! I'm so excited to see their faces Christmas morning, it's the best feeling in the world to see a smile on your childs face!! And so far it looks like we may actually have a white Christmas this year so that's definatly exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment