I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Finally, we've gotten most of the Christmas shopping done for the kids...I think Kayden has more than anyone but his birthday is December 21 so we've got to decide what to give him to Christmas and what's for his birthday!! I don't know why but Kayden & Alexis are the easiest to shop for lol!! Tavion is still young so he's hard & Lyndsee just doesn't play with much so she's VERY hard. We got our Christmas tree one day last week, and still haven't gotten it decorated..only lights lol!! I guess that's what we get with 4 kids running around us! Hopefully it'll be done in the next day or two! Anyways, me and my mom took the kids to the Christmas parade this past Friday, they loved it especially seeing Santa at the end! They did good except towards the end they were getting cold and tired! But overall they did great!! Yesterday was Lexi's first ballet show!! I'm so proud of her, she did great!! They all looked so adorable & the whole recital was amazing!! I just can't get over how big my little girl is getting, I REALLY can't believe she will be 5 in just 2 months =[! I love the holidays it's such a happy time of year and I can't explain how blessed I am!! I have the most amazing kids ever & seeing them smile just makes my day...I guess that's why it doesn't matter anymore what I get for Christmas or what I get to do or don't get to do..As long as at the end of the day each one of my babies have a smile on their face I know I've done something right!! They are my life now, it's so weird how 1 little person can make such a HUGE difference in our lives! Our newest bundle should make his arrival very soon as well! My doctors appointment Friday went well and I'm 2cm dilated, with Alexis & Tavion I was 4cm in active labor and Kayden who knows but I was 7cm when I got to the hospital with the tummy ache HAHA..So hopefully we'll have one more blessing before Christmas this year!!

Anyways, another update on Kayden. I took him to UVA on the 2nd, the cardiologists their and his cardiologist here in Roanoke have decided to go ahead and evaluate him for a transplant. He will not be put on the list yet, just evaluated. I guess at the end of the evaluation process is when they decide if he needs to be put on the list. It's a lot to take in especially being around the holidays! They gave me a handbook to read about transplants and so far what I've read it's a lot I have to learn to take care of him..Not to mention it's a HUGE decision whether or not I want him to have one or not...Which of course if the doctors feel it's best then I'll most likely agree with them..But it's a tough decision and it's very stressful, I'm just glad I've got my mom and Philip there for both of us. I think we all probably support each other through all of it because there is no way we'd be able to get through it without support from each other or anyone!! I'm very blessed to have the friends & family I have that have been so supportive! And even the strangers who I don't even know who've been praying for my son, I'm especially thankful for them as well!! There isn't a lot of good people in this world anymore so it's amazing how many people are praying for someone they don't even know!

No comments:

Post a Comment