I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hospitals have become a second home...

Well Kayden's been in the hospital since Sunday afternoon. He had been sick like the other kids, and on Sunday he was just running a fever, sleeping, coughing, weezing & what got me was his feet were swollen!! So once I saw that he was def going to the ER. It's bad that I already knew he would be put in there before I left the house. Well he was dehydrated so he was on fluids for a couple days. He gained a few pounds of fluid which isn't good since he is in heart failure. IV fluids are never good for him =[...But he started drinking which is great so now he is peeing good & getting all the fluid out of him!! His legs are still swollen some but not as bad & his face isn't puffy thank goodness!! I hate seeing my lil man sick =[..The other day he was making more noise in his lungs not good because he had some fluid on them & he had started weezing again. So I got really scared!! I never like it when i see that 'look' on his cardiologists face. And he had the 'look' like he was worried!! But today me & his nurse had him get up and walk around twice & she said he sounded much better so that is awesome!! He got so angry haha but it was good for him!! They did put an NG tube back in =[ but it's for his own good...His cough is so nasty though I hate it =[ I really wish he'd get better soon!!  But like his card said anything he gets is going to knock him down & this sure knocked him for a big loop =[!! We just have to support him through it & wait it out. I am concerned because he's on oxygen & this is the first time he has needed a lot of it. He's been on it since I took him into the ER & the other night his oxygen was down in the 80s so they had to keep turning it up!! They have tried weening him off of it a few times & everytime they go down they have to turn it right back up =[!! So he may end up coming home on oxygen now! So prayers are still needed for my little man <3

Now I talked to Boston the other day & first they said his surgery would be in April. Well they called me back and said something was wrong with the scheduling. SO meaning now the cath & MRI will be on May 10, he'll stay over night then his surgery will be the following day which is May 12..his cardiologist isn't happy with them pushing it back to May & neither am I. I was so looking forward to April & knew it was almost the end of February..well kind of so I didn't have much longer to wait...but now I've got to wait until May & it's going to be a lot harder on me. Not only because I'm going to not only be worrying about Kayden, but I'll be VERY upset because I won't be with Tavion on his second birthday which is May 13 =[ also we'll probably have to leave to go to Boston on Mother's Day!! May will be hard & I dread it now!! I want it to hurry so my lil man will be better but I really don't know how to deal without my kids that long!! This will officially be the hardest time of my life!! Seems like I've had a lot of hard times, which I have but this will probably be the most difficult as of now!! And I try to think of someone has it worse than I do. But this is my reality & it's BAD so for anyone who has it worse than me, I feel for them because this isn't easy & I don't want to imagine how worse it COULD get & how close I am to that possibility coming my reality & you already know without me saying it, so I won't say it =[!!! Anyways, hopefully little man will be well soon!! PLEASE PRAY FOR KAYDEN <3 He's a CHD WARRIOR & he's fighting everyday for the day to become a CHD SURVIVOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment