I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Monday, April 25, 2011

Broken

Easter was amazing yesterday. I was so happy to see Kayden excited about something for a change!! Also I got him to go outside & find Easter eggs even if I was pulling him in his wagon. Anyways, today started out great I was cleaning & playing with my little ones. But then I got on facebook to check on the CHDers I follow. Sadly I came to one I've been following for awhile and I saw that she earned her Angel wings last night!! I literally started crying & I felt my heart fall to the floor. This baby was only 4 months old, her birthday is just 2 days after Kaydens & a week after Isaiah's. I didn't know what to say. I could never say I know how her family feels because I don't know. I only know the fear of not knowing what was coming. I know the pain they felt while their baby was fighting. I just know it hits home when I hear this. Because it was only 6 short weeks ago that I wasn't sure whether or not I'd have Kayden by the end of the week. It was only 6 weeks ago when his perfect little chest got cut open to fix his broken heart. And still to this moment he is fighting because his surgery repaired his valve from severe to moderate. He will still go through at least 1 more OHS. I also saw where 3 other children fighitng CHD got their Angel wings. So needless today in the CHD community it is a sad, sad, sad day. I still feel the pain that I felt earlier when I found all this out. I honestly don't know how to shake this feeling or if I can anytime soon. It just makes me want to fight harder for our children who are fighting for their life! I'll continue to do what I can and more so one day Kayden's story will help another family & I pray that Kayden helps another child one day!! My thoughts & prayers are with all of these as we are all family in the CHD community!!


 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww YAY Kayden ! Glad Things Are Going So Much Better..Love You All..Kiss The Babies 4 me..Happy Easter To All Of You !

    ReplyDelete