I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2 Months Post Op

Wow, I can't believe it has been 2 months since Kayden's surgery. It still seems so unreal, like it happened to someone else. But in reality it did happen to us, & in reality 2 months ago I found myself wondering if I would have my son by the end of the day. I have never experienced something so hard in my life. Seeing my son go through so much in the past three years have been HELL!! I wish I could take his place. But he has been such a little trooper & I'm proud to say I'm his mommy. Since his surgery, it hasn't been easy that is obvious. He has had some bumps but he is still fighting his way through. He has a very strong will to live & I believe he will fight until he is as good as he will get!!

So you know I've told you about the cyst he had removed last year and how it gets infected and comes back!! Well guess what...IT'S BACKKKK...and I call to make an appointment today at UVA & the nurse calls back and tells me the doctor is booked up & can't get him in until July & I need to take him to his PCP(primary care physician) that he should be able to treat it.....OMG you can NOT understand how angry that made me to hear that on my voicemail...This stupid thing CONTINUES to get infected it has came back continuously after the ENT here has drained it & had him on different antibiotics...That is WHY they referred us to call UVA when it gets like this again...Damn stupid people really? So I take Tavion today for his 2 year check up and I told his doctor about it and since he sees all my kids. He told me to just bring him in and he'll get a culture & try to get us an appt at UVA if the insurance doesn't give us a bunch of crap about it....STUPID MEDICAID they can kiss ass too..I can't believe they give you mouth because you need to go somewhere better for health care..Because yes in my opinion UVA is a little more experienced then some of these doctors in Roanoke & they have every right to be. Kind of like Boston, I think they are better than UVA. Boston was the best place I have ever been for health care with Kayden...But I was thinking today that I am going tomorrow to sign a paper & get Kayden's medical records mostly because of this cyst thing..I want to see what this doctor put in his records because I think he made a very bad judgement call on doing the surgery because it was infected & so were his ears..I think that is what caused his heart to go downhill & I think that is too why this thing keeps returning!! Let me tell you this time it looks ANGRY!! So we will see how this goes..

Anyways, Tavion's appointment today went well he is 27 lbs which is good I forget his height but it was average as well...He is developing fine & he won't need to go back until he is 3!!! He does want him on Claritin the rest of the spring due to allergies & also if need be then in the fall. So hopefully that helps with his runny nose lol!! And the other kids are good, Alexis' ballet recital is this Saturday so I'm super excited for that & Isaiah is getting over his cold which I think too he has allergies pretty bad! Poor thing I feel bad for him because he is so little & wheezes so he has to have breathing treatments =[!!

I hope you have a good night! & Here is a picture of Kayden's scar today <3

No comments:

Post a Comment