I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Tavion James!!

So today 2 years ago I gave birth to my second son!! He weighed 8 lbs 4.2 oz & was 18.5 inches!! His name would be Tavion James Barnes!! And here we are 2 years later celebrating his second birthday!! I can't believe what has happened since he was born!! This past year is like a blur with so much that has happened!! I honestly feel like he should still be the baby lol!! I do have a confession though, I always wanted Tavion to be a girl lol!! I always wanted Isaiah to be a girl too..I really wanted Kayden to be my only boy, because he is so special. But I've learned that you don't always get what you want & that is something that was out of my control. And for some reason God wants Alexis to be my only girl. So one day I will learn why that is. I do also believe he blessed me with 2 other boys to help Kayden through as he gets older. I know there will be times kids will pick on Kayden because he is 'different' but he has two brothers, yea they are younger but not much younger, but they will look out for each other. I am raising my kids to be there for each other & they all are understanding Kayden's heart is sick. Tavion even understands to be easy with him. And as Isaiah grows he will learn as well to be easy with Kayden until he is better.

Anyways, an update on Kayden. He went to his cardiologist this past Tuesday. Everything went well, his chest x-ray actually looked a little better. The pleural effusion is still there but it looked a little smaller so for now it's not too much to be worried about. We also took his ng tube out to trial him. So far he has done well, he has been eating breakfast, lunch & dinner & also snacks in between. He has been drinking okay, he could do better but that is what the trial is, it's to see how he can do on his own. So keep your fingers crossed. Since he has had the tube out, he is completely different. He has been cutting up & picking on people, today he kicked me 3 times LOL. He is such a turkey <3 I love him so much!! I know he isn't exactly where they would like him to be right now, I think they were expecting him to be a lot better than what he has done, but he is doing well overall. I think it's just taking him a little longer than expected. He has been using his oxygen still at night but that's okay, during the day he has been fine. They want his O2 at 93 or higher, which is still good either way, I know a lot of other kids are normally lower than 90, so Kayden is lucky. I would like to thank you all for the prayers <3 they are working! I love you all <3 Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment