I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 more week!!

So I def can not believe Kayden's surgery is in 1 week!! When I think about it, my chest hurts and it's hard to breathe. So maybe I shouldn't think about it..but how can I not when I know it's coming!! I feel like I'm in a bad dream and I just can't wake up! ughh...someone PLEASE WAKE ME UP!! Tell me he really doesn't have to have surgery, tell me the past like 8 months have been a nightmare that it's not real!! I just wish I could skip over Thursday. I honestly can't promise I'll remember how to breathe through this or even speak until I know he is okay. And on top of all of that I'm going to be miles & miles away from my other boys, since Alexis is coming with us. I already miss them!! I put Tavion to bed tonight and just gave him the biggest hug & biggest kiss and told him I loved him & I was gunna miss him so much while I'm gone =[!! And Isaiah I'm really gunna miss him, he'll be 3 months old on Wednesday, so I'll miss just about all of his third month of life. Although I know it's worth it all because once Kayden is home I hope & pray he'll feel better and be up running and playing like a normal child after awhile of recovery. But I'll be home with my babies ALL 4 of them!!

Anyways, so my sister was doing a tie dye shirt tonight for her job. They are doing something for the March of Dimes at work & whoever raises the most money will get to wear these shirts to work. So I got an idea & we are going to do it once Kayden's surgery is over & we are home. We are going to do some red & white tie dye shirts & I'm going to design something to put on them. All the money donated will go to the Children's Heart Foundation. I'm super excited to do this! It's about time I try to make a difference for other families & hopefully one day all CHD's or most will be detected before birth & hopefully there will be more ways to repair heart defects!! & at least give all the babies born with a CHD a better chance at life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment