I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Monday, March 14, 2011

It's only the beginning...

Well we've been here in Boston, MA for a whole 24+ hours now. We had a great trip except in the beginning we stopped at Mcdonald's for breakfast & Kayden wanted fries and the stupid people didn't make him any. That made me so mad..I've worked fast food so I know it takes 2.5 mins to make them...So he left there screaming, scratching me, hitting me & pulling my hair!! I almost threw my food at them and asked for a refund!! But I didn't because Alexis needed to eat..Thankfully we found us a Sheetz and got him a bucket of fries lol!! Once thing I have learned so far about driving here is I HATE driving in New York lmao!! That sucked bad, yea I got lost haha..Oh and another NO ONE follows the speed limit lmao..They are a bunch of crazies driving..well most of them!! I did my best but I def don't wanna get a ticket up here lol!!

Monday, March 14, 2011
So today, we have met with so many people I only can remember like 3 or 4 of their names haha!! But the most important I met with a couple of the cardiologists & the ones who do the caths...Today Kayden had an EKG, labs, chest x-ray & obviously vital signs, height & weight done!! But I'm proud of him we were there for HOURS and he did good he took a nap or 2 and slept well..Tomorrow is a big day for him, he'll go for his echo, MRI & cath..So if the results come back good they will go on and do the cone repair which is where they repair his tricuspid valve & they will probably do a glenn procedure as well!! IF these results come back looking like he'd be too high risk then we will head back to Virginia and UVA will have to do a transplant!! So we need all the prayers we can get!! I have faith in these doctors & in my son! I know they'll make the right decision and Kayden is strong and he's not giving up on me!! I think what worries them as well as all the other doctors who've seen him is..With Ebstein's Anomaly it's usually the right side only but Kayden also has left side dysfunction. So hopefully he'll be fine!!  But what makes sense to me that someone told my mom is 'if you worry, you don't have faith'...So from here on I'm letting go and letting God because I can't do anything to help except stay strong beside him all the way through!! This is ALL in God's hands now! He controls what happens next!! I love my son and I'll fight for him until my heart stops beating!! He is MY life!

I'll add a picture of him to this later, I haven't uploaded them today!  I'll update in another day or two!! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I'm Sorry McDonalds Didnt Give Kayden His French Fries :( <3 You All :)

    ReplyDelete