I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Friday, January 21, 2011

Fight for what you believe in...

So the other day I decided to send an e-mail to Virginia's governor to get a proclamation for CHD Awareness week which by the way is February 7-14 if you didn't know. I'm happy to say that today in the mail I received a copy of the proclamation & I'm proud to say that Virginia will recognize February 7-14 as CHD Awareness week. So PLEASE be sure you do something during that week to tell someone something about CHDs even if it's posting a website on your blog or your Facebook or ANYTHING! And if you're a CHD mom or have been blessed to know someone with a special heart, be sure to tell someone your story!! Also be sure to wear red all week or one day even!! I will stand up and fight for all of the broken & mended little hearts around the world and for those who fought and are our angels now! There is a lot one can learn from these kids or adults with a special heart! They really give life a meaning! I love my little one with a special heart, Kayden <3
Anyways, I did talk with UVA the other day. They've decided to cancel Kayden's appointment with them which was suppose to be on January 26. They've been e-mailing Boston & getting them all of his information. They are also trying to work out an appointment where we can make one trip, to do the evaluation & do the surgery. Which seems reasonable, that way they don't have to send him home & we come back up for surgery. Gosh this all just seems so unreal anymore!! I mean the doctors have talked for the past few months about surgery & what should be done, and it's right here at us! I don't know how to feel anymore..I just know that I've got mixed feelings about everything. I know the surgery has to be done or else he won't live & I also know that there is a chance I may never have him again after the surgery. I just have to have faith & pray & know my son is strong enough to fight, that is what will give me the strength to get through this surgery!! He has been fighting and he will fight for his life and I will be there fighting with him I will NOT let go of him that easily!! So please continue to keep my little man in your prayers, and I'll keep the updates coming!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you got the proclamation.

    I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete