I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I get tired of doctors ya know...

Ok so this time it wasn't a bad appointment lol!! This was just Kayden's 3 year check up =[ and Tavion's 18 month check up!! They went on January 3 which was really fun haha so fun I decided I needed my mom to go with me..okay obviously because neither of them will walk for me..They both can but Kayden gets tired too easily so only walks sometimes & Tavion runs away from me hah! Anyways Kayden got checked out first, he was 32 lbs & I forget how tall but he's right at average for both his height & weight..I'm very relieved with his weight that he's not anymore considering the circumstances, I guess the 2 fluid meds he's on are helping after all..He said he looked great & his activity is good considering everything & his appetite is good for him as well so good NO TUBES still!! I still can't grasp the concept that my baby is already 3 ugh that's sad, by the end of this year he will be 4 and in preschool OMG, someone will probably have to drag me kicking and screaming away from that one lmao!! Anyways he did tell me with the potty training situation since Kayden is stubborn and wants nothing to do with it, he actually throws his little underwear across the room if I put them on him and says 'NO POTTY MEAN ME'...So his doctor told me just to ignore it for a month or two, just not mention anything to him about it & then get M&M's or something and put them in a jar as a reward when he pees give him one and well when he poops then give him 2..So I think we are going to try that soon..Kayden's also a tougher boy to train since he's in and out of hospitals and has IV's and leads all over him I'm afraid I'll get him trained and then when he's in the hospital he won't be able to get up and go in time which will probably discourage him & myself..So this is going to be a long journey but it'll be okay we'll get through it just like everything else!!

Tavion looked good as well I forget how tall he was also =/..shame I'm such a terrible mother LOL..Anyways he weighed 24 lbs, the little piggy..He said Tavion is also average. Poor Tavion got so MAD when we had to lay him down to check him out haha, he hates being restrained!! Anyways, I've noticed awhile that his chest goes in more than the other kids, when he breathes, cries, or anything really..But the doctor said that it's nothing to get too concerned about now that it's just mild it's called pectus excavatum, or what Philip calls it pigeon chest, he had it when he was a kid & he had to have surgery..So anyways my pediatrician said we'll definitely keep any eye on it & was glad that I payed attention to notice it...Which how can I not pay attention after everything with Kayden, I'm VERY alert when it comes to my kids and also probably a little to paranoid haha, but hey I'd rather be safe than sorry!! I don't want to lose them or have anything bad ever happen to any of them!!

Anyways, Isaiah is almost a month old now :'(...He's getting so big a little too quick, it really makes me sad, he's already eating about 5 oz sometimes 6 every 4 hours or so..He's a little piggy too. Alexis was the same way when she was a baby I don't think I could ever get her full lmao..I started giving her a tiny bit of cereal at about 4-5 weeks old because she would constantly be eating!! I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have to do the same with Isaiah..Oh well, he'll fit right in with the other kids because they love to eat lmao!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Kayden is doing better, he is a tough lil guy :). Very happy to hear the rest of the kids are getting long as well. Your a wonderful strong person

    ReplyDelete